***new doe rules - NO MORE HOT BREAKFAST school wide starting fall 2016. cold breakfast will be distributed and eaten in all classrooms, not the caf.
Therefore ms yolanda is initiating a "soft launch" of how this will be worked out starting monday june 6th. (of course pre-k already eats in the classroom but for those with older kids, this is the scoop) the reason for the "soft launch" is to work out any kinks before the program takes into effect in the 2016-2017 school year. So no more hot pancakes in plastic wrap, sausages or ham for example. i do wish there was more of a fruit distribution in general personally. please note if you don't want your kid to eat the breakfast they will not be required to do so. just tell your teacher. dass it.
Saturday April 9th power Saturday ends
Saturday April 16 - June 25 9-12pm
STEM Saturday classes 3-5 graders BY LOTTERY SELECTION ONLY. (i forget what the stem fall enrichment or program is about)
School tours - 2nd week of April for everyone including g&t applicants.
Friday April 22 - final pre-k tea (time?) - i recommend you attend to learn about what to expect next year etc.
Monday April 25-29 spring recess
Monday May 2nd 8:30am - last principles breakfast - i highly recommend you attend to answer any questions you have about next year.
Saturday May 7th from 11am-8pm. 38 spring carnival (this is a fundraising event for the school, please come and support. invite family and friends)
Wednesday May 11th 9-12pm curriculum highlight day (school is open to showcase all the awesome things the kids have been working on all year in the halls)
Thursday May 12th 4:30-6:30pm parent/teacher conference (last one added for the year) guessing it's also a half day.
Friday May 13th 8:30-2:30pm career day - please contact mr. hobi if you or anyone you know would like to come in and talk to a few classes about their career. mr. hobi is looking for a wide variety of professions from doctors, to scientists, to artists, to construction workers etc. this is really important to help inspire our students on all the wonderful careers out there. the event starts at 9am-2.30, the hub will be the library and he will direct the guests to the classrooms. while this is an all day event guests are welcome to come in whenever their schedule allows. please contact mr. hobi at email@example.com
- mon may 30th memorial day - NO SCHOOL
- tues june 7 - june 15th olympics (i don't know much about this but sounds cool)
- thur jun 9 - brooklyn/queens day NO SCHOOL
- tues jun 14 - staff clerical day NO SCHOOL
- fri jun 17 - final enrichment phase ends uh-oh.
- tues jun 21 - pre-k move up day 9:30-10:30
- wed jun 22 - k move up day 9:30-10:30
- tues jun 28 - LAST DAY of school 1/2 day 11:30am dismissal, maybe pre-k earlier? idk.
- LAST BUT NOT LEAST - THE GARDEN COMMITTEE IS MEETING EVERY SATURDAY THAT THE SCHOOL IS OPEN AND WEATHER PERMITTING. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO JOIN IN. WE ESPECIALLY NEED VOLUNTEERS THIS SATURDAY. PLEASE COME. WE'LL BE THERE FROM 10AM-2PM. CORNER OF DEAN AND NEVINS. BRING COFFEE, SNACKS AND OF COURSE KIDS WELCOME.